Snippet Condition

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Anna_Dev
Jr. Propeller Head

Snippet Condition

Post by Anna_Dev »

Hi!

I am quite new in working with snippet and snippet conditions, so I would appreciate if anyone could have some idea on how to help me get past this issue.
I have created a snippet including various text parts that should be used in different topics as below

E.g.

Text A

Text B

Text C

Text D

For each text I have created a snipped condition, and applied the condition to certain topics using the Include/Exclude in the Topic properties. So far everything works fine. However my problem is that in the topic it appears the snippet condition i have chosen PLUS everything else in the snippet that I haven't applied a condition to, including spaces between paragraphs.
My only way to work around this is to remove all spaces like below, which makes it very difficult to get an overview:
Text A
Text B
Text C
Text D

Is there anyway to work around this so that in the topic it ONLY shows the snippet condition I have chosen to include?
Thanks!

B/R
Anna
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Snippet Condition

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Welcome to the forums, Anna!

Not quite sure what you mean, but at a guess I would say you have empty paragraphs between your bits of text, and you haven't assigned a condition tag to those paragraphs. If that is the case, then what you are seeing is Flare doing what it's supposed to do, so as you say you have to remove the spaces.

Something that I find useful is to display the colours on snippets. To do this, in the toolbar at the bottom of the XML Editor, in the group at the right-hand end of the toolbar click the first option, "Hide/show Conditional Incidators", which looks like a grid with different coloured squares.

If I've misunderstood, please let us know.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Anna_Dev
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Snippet Condition

Post by Anna_Dev »

Thanks,
Displaying the colours actually helps a lot! Then I can simply remove the spaces and still be able to seperate the texts from each other :)