Master TOC's & Navigator Bar

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Looking4123
Jr. Propeller Head

Master TOC's & Navigator Bar

Post by Looking4123 »

Hi,

This is my first time on here and actually my first time using Madcap Flare. We did have a Technical Author but they have now left the business and I have somehow got given the responsibility of using Flare to update and add content onto our internal staff intranet. I ama complete amateur with Flare but working my way through after watching youtub videos, tutorials and trying to read the user guides but I am having 2 issues, which I can't seem to resolve and was wondering if there was someone on this forum who can give me a bit of help.

I have somehow managed to:

1)Delete the topics on the Master TOC so there is nothing in there now and for some reason when I click on the Master TOC the name comes up as Adoption Policy 2017, which was a topic under staff info. So how do I add the topics (that appear on the left hand side in Contenct Explorer) with links back into the Master TOC and rename it back to TOC.

2) Somehow I have manged to remove the navigation bar on the website, that when you hovered over it would drop down a box with other subject in. What have I done in Flare to do this and how do I get it back.

I know this is probably basic stuff but just struggling with it. Like I say this is the first time I have ever used Flare or even got involved with writing things on the intranet.

Thanks.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Master TOC's & Navigator Bar

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Welcome to Flare, and welcome to the forums.

Does your place use any version control? If so, I suggest you grab an earlier version of the relevant .fltoc file, which will be a lot more straightforward than reconstructing it. Though if you DO want to reconstruct your TOC, if you open the Content Explorer pane (usually on the left of the screen) and have the TOC that's missing topics open in the main work area, you can drag topics from the Content Explorer into the TOC. (When you do that, the title comes in displaying in blue, showing that it dynamically uses the first heading in the file, and this has sometimes caused problems, so you can click the link and hard-code the name of the topic in the TOC).

I can't help you with your other query as I'm not sure what's gone missing!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx