Integrating Chat Bot with Flare HTML5 Online Help

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.

Integrating Chat Bot with Flare HTML5 Online Help

Postby msf2018 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi,

I have created a HTML5 Online Help using Flare and hosted the output in a Sharepoint location. I wish to integrate a Chat Bot with the Online Help. Can someone please assist me with the steps to be followed to integrate a Chat Bot with the HTML5 Online Help.

Thanks,
Arijit Chakraborty
msf2018
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Integrating Chat Bot with Flare HTML5 Online Help

Postby Dave Lee on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:29 am

I'm no expert in chatbots, but I think your question is a bit too vague - perhaps add some detail; e.g.

- Have you already developed your chatbot?

- What bot framework is it developed with?

- What do you mean by "integrate with the HTML5 help"? Is the chatbot interface displayed inside the help? Or is the chatbot a separate app that you want to show results/content from the help?

- Do you know how to integrate your chatbot with a normal website? If you do, then have you already tried those steps with Flare's HTML5 help?
Dave Lee
Master Propellus Maximus

Postby msf2018 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:03 am

Yes, the Chat Bot is already developed using Botsify. Botsify helps you create Chat Bots which can assist users via Facebook Messenger. I want to include this Chat Bot in my HTML5 Help "Support" section. My objective is: If the user click the "Contact Us" icon in the "Support" section of my Online Help, then it should open the ChatBot using Facebook Messenger.

I found an example of a Chat Bot being integrated with an Online Help using Flare by visiting the below link, which I found in the customer showcase section of MadCap Software website.
URL: https://help.bynder.com/New-features/New-features.htm

If you visit the above Online Help URL, you will find a Chat Bot in place to assist the user. I am looking to integrate my already developed Chat Bot in similar lines with my Online Help.

I don't know how to integrate a Chat Bot with a normal website. I want to know the steps to be followed in Flare in order to integrate this Chat Bot with my Online Help. I have already tested the Chat Bot and it is working fine with Facebook Messanger.

Thanks,
Arijit Chakraborty
msf2018
Jr. Propeller Head

Postby Dave Lee on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:22 am

I'd suggest looking for instructions on Botsify about how to integrate your chatbot in a website.

If you know the steps to integrate your chatbot in a website, the steps for Flare will be similar.
Dave Lee
Master Propellus Maximus

Return to Flare's General Discussion