Integrating Chat Bot with Flare HTML5 Online Help

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
msf2018
Jr. Propeller Head

Integrating Chat Bot with Flare HTML5 Online Help

Post by msf2018 »

Hi,

I have created a HTML5 Online Help using Flare and hosted the output in a Sharepoint location. I wish to integrate a Chat Bot with the Online Help. Can someone please assist me with the steps to be followed to integrate a Chat Bot with the HTML5 Online Help.

Thanks,
Arijit Chakraborty
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Integrating Chat Bot with Flare HTML5 Online Help

Post by NorthEast »

I'm no expert in chatbots, but I think your question is a bit too vague - perhaps add some detail; e.g.

- Have you already developed your chatbot?

- What bot framework is it developed with?

- What do you mean by "integrate with the HTML5 help"? Is the chatbot interface displayed inside the help? Or is the chatbot a separate app that you want to show results/content from the help?

- Do you know how to integrate your chatbot with a normal website? If you do, then have you already tried those steps with Flare's HTML5 help?
msf2018
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by msf2018 »

Yes, the Chat Bot is already developed using Botsify. Botsify helps you create Chat Bots which can assist users via Facebook Messenger. I want to include this Chat Bot in my HTML5 Help "Support" section. My objective is: If the user click the "Contact Us" icon in the "Support" section of my Online Help, then it should open the ChatBot using Facebook Messenger.

I found an example of a Chat Bot being integrated with an Online Help using Flare by visiting the below link, which I found in the customer showcase section of MadCap Software website.
URL: https://help.bynder.com/New-features/New-features.htm

If you visit the above Online Help URL, you will find a Chat Bot in place to assist the user. I am looking to integrate my already developed Chat Bot in similar lines with my Online Help.

I don't know how to integrate a Chat Bot with a normal website. I want to know the steps to be followed in Flare in order to integrate this Chat Bot with my Online Help. I have already tested the Chat Bot and it is working fine with Facebook Messanger.

Thanks,
Arijit Chakraborty
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

I'd suggest looking for instructions on Botsify about how to integrate your chatbot in a website.

If you know the steps to integrate your chatbot in a website, the steps for Flare will be similar.
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Post by BrianAtInTouchHealth »

msf2018 wrote:I have created a HTML5 Online Help using Flare and hosted the output in a Sharepoint location.
Arijit,

Can I ask you how you did this? I can't find anything in MadCap's docs. Also, there are several threads here asking about publish to SharePoint but none of them have any answres.

Thanks,
Brian

Edit

Found the answer here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32611#p140724
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1