Changing Logo Image

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
CMTietgen
Propeller Head

Changing Logo Image

Post by CMTietgen »

I am trying to change our company logo in the HTML5 Skin and I can find it in the Header > Logo section, but the Image drop down only contains a few images, none of which are the new logo which I added in Content Explorer in Resources > Images > HelpSystem.

This is where I see the old logo image file, but I don't know if it's the same one that populates in the Header > Logo section Image drop down.

Should I simply use the Select Image button and then add the new logo manually from the file system? I thought there was a way to pull from your project, but I have no idea where those files in the Image drop down are pulling from.
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Changing Logo Image

Post by AlexFox »

Yes, add the image manually from the file system and it will then be embedded in the skin. I'm not sure what format it uses to do this, but you can see the string in the <Resource> section if you inspect the skin in the text editor.
CMTietgen
Propeller Head

Post by CMTietgen »

Thanks. That's what ended up doing. I wish that drop down for Image selection was more intuitive and/or allowed you to pick an image you already added to your Content view without navigating all the way there via the file system.

It is what it is, though. :lol:
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by AlexFox »

I can only guess it's intended so you can copy a skin file to a new project without any dependencies? It's just another flareism :)
aucforums
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by aucforums »

Correct me if I am wrong, I found if the files were in the folders in windows, when you refresh the content explorer it shows.

This was my experience yesterday doing the same thing: replacing a logo image from one of the templates with my own...