Voice-based search option in Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
prandg
Jr. Propeller Head

Voice-based search option in Flare

Post by prandg »

Hi everyone,

I am a Technical Writer working in a product based company. As part of my project, I am trying to introduce voice-based search option (similar to Cortana or Google Assistant) to our documentation pages.
The voice search feature should be able to identify and comprehend the important keywords from the user voice query, and point the user to the relevant topics/documents that are listed on our documentation page.

I know that Javascript Web Speech API is one of the main components for adding voice commands and enabling speech recognition to the web pages. Although our doc team uses MadCap Flare as the authoring tool for deliverables (PDF and HTML outputs), we do not have the required rights to edit the HTML source codes for any webpage. Hence I’d like to know whether there is a way or a method to create and implement the web speech plugin into the Flare search codes. Any input/help in this regard will be highly appreciated!
ccfisher76
Propeller Head

Re: Voice-based search option in Flare

Post by ccfisher76 »

I am trying to do the same thing. Did you find anything out?
Michelle_Gardner
Propeller Head

Re: Voice-based search option in Flare

Post by Michelle_Gardner »

Has anyone had success with voice-based search via Flare? We're contemplating it, but I haven't seen any examples from folks who use Flare.