Terms used for Source Code Editor and WYSIWYG Editor are odd

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ericjohnson7
Propeller Head

Terms used for Source Code Editor and WYSIWYG Editor are odd

Post by ericjohnson7 »

I'm sold on Flare and I love it, but there is always room for improvement with everything - right?

I have always found the terms used for the Source Code Editor and WYSIWIG Editor odd, ambiguous and confusing to new users. Flare used "Text Editor" to describe the XML source code editor and "XML Editor" to describe the WYSIWIG editor. In my past experience with similar software, the top editor (shown below) is always referred to as the "Source Code Editor". The bottom panel (shown below) is often called various names, but is never referred as a code (XML) editor. I can think of a few better names for the bottom editor, but WYSIWIG Editor is the best in my opinion.

[img]odd-terms.png[/img]

...just ideas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ericjohnson7 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Terms used for Source Code Editor and WYSIWYG Editor are

Post by RamonS »

I suggest you send your feedback straight to MadCap (this is a peer to peer forum):
https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
mtran
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mtran »

We welcome feature suggestions to https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx

There is currently an active feature request for name changes to the text editor and XML editor in MadCap Flare. Please submit feature requests if you'd like to be notified if the feature is made available in future releases. :madcap:
ericjohnson7
Propeller Head

Post by ericjohnson7 »

Thanks. Love to hear that a name change is planned.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

ericjohnson7 wrote:Thanks. Love to hear that a name change is planned.
Ahh... Hate to burst your bubble, but...

Feature requests are just that, feature requests. There is no guarantee the request will be implemented. There is a saying, however, that the squeakiest wheel gets oiled, so the more requests the more likely it will be looked at.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.