Flare Accordion vs dropDown improvement

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
lguser
Propeller Head

Flare Accordion vs dropDown improvement

Post by lguser »

I tried dropDowns with some frustration because the sections would not automatically collapse when another dropDown was selected. So I created the Accordion code as shown in:

https://codepen.io/lguser/pen/PRBjBx

Feel free to use and enjoy.
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare Accordion vs dropDown improvement

Post by AlexFox »

Lovely bit of code, thanks for sharing :)
ryanr
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare Accordion vs dropDown improvement

Post by ryanr »

Yes, thank you for this code! We had a real need for autocollapsing dropdowns and couldn't find anything that would work. Now we've implemented your example, with minor tweaks to sizes and colors, and it's working great.

We have a couple needs related to these, and I wonder whether anyone has figured out solutions:

1. In Flare's XML Editor view, we can't view the clickable text (i.e., the text in the a href, i.e., what would have been madcap's "hotspot"). Where the text should be, the XML Editor view shows the eyeball icon, a red X, and hover text saying "hidden at runtime." Does anyone know how to get this text to display normally in XML Editor view?

2. This is a problem that seems to occur in all madcap dropdowns, but it also occurs in these great new autocollapsing dropdowns: If a link in an article points to content in a dropdown in the SAME article, clicking the link will not open the dropdown section to take you to the linked content. If a link in an article points to content in a dropdown in a DIFFERENT article, clicking the link DOES open the dropdown section to take you to the linked content. Does anyone know a way to make it open the dropdown in both instances?

3. We use a ton of dropdowns in our help site! So we have a lot of these to convert from madcap dropdowns to these autocollapsing dropdowns. The only way I can think of to speed this conversion is to have a snippet of empty autocollapse dropdowns that an author can "convert to text" and then fill in with the specific content. Does anyone have brilliant, more efficient ideas for such conversions?

Again, thank you very much for sharing your work with us!

-Ryan