BUG with Output File and Meta tag

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
lguser
Propeller Head

BUG with Output File and Meta tag

Post by lguser »

Anybody figure this out?

If I add a Meta tag to the Master Page to prevent browser scrapping:

<meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache" />

The tag is in the iFrame section of the Default.htm file, but it is not included in the <head> section for the Default.htm file. So browsers allow the page to be indexed.

Is there a build file in C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare 13\... where the Meta tag file can be included when the project is built?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: BUG with Output File and Meta tag

Post by Psider »

There's a setting in the Target under Advanced that might be what you need. "Add meta tags to content". I'm just evaluating the product at the moment, so I haven't tried it out myself.
lguser
Propeller Head

Post by lguser »

Thanks Psider. If you are referring to "Allow local stylesheets" it is true for the child pages shown in an iFrame. However, if the Output File is set to (default) then when the project is built the Default.htm parent page does not include the Meta tags from the Master Page. The work around is to remember to manually add the Meta tag to Default.htm.

I imagine there is a MC file in the Program Files directory that is used to build Default.htm where the Meta tags can be included. I just have not been able to find it.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

As Psider already suggested - in the target, use Add meta tags to content on the Advanced tab.

It's also in the help: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... a-Tags.htm
lguser
Propeller Head

Post by lguser »

Thanks All. That was the ticket. Works like a charm.