Conditional italics?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Conditional italics?

Post by MunchMan »

For a simple inline code like <i>, is there a way to apply a condition so the italics (in this case) only applies when the condition calls for it? I tried right-clicking the end bracket in the XLM editor and applying a condition, and the condition applied within the <i> tag, so it LOOKS like it's applying only to the italics trait, but it ends up removing the entire conditional text. I also tried wrapping a condition around the beginning and ending <i> tags, but that caused a syntax error (was pretty sure it would!). Trying to avoid having two identical phrases, one italics for one condition and one plain for another.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Conditional italics?

Post by devjoe »

Apply the condition to the <i> tag, but in the Condition Tags dialog box, for the Exclude Action at the bottom, click Unbind. This will remove the <i> tag while preserving its contents within the next parent tag.
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Post by MunchMan »

Hiding in plain site. Many thanks, DevJoe!
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Conditional line height

Post by MunchMan »

Hey I'm back :-). I have an UL that I'd like to be a different line spacing only when printed for one of my conditions. For the English cond., it'd be just <ul>. For my Metric cond., it'd be <ul style="line-height: 13px;">. I can't wrap a cond. tag set around the opening UL tag. If I try to condition the UL tag like this, <ul style="line-height: 13px;" MadCap:conditions="Default.Metric">, the entire UL drops out when it's not metric. I know I can make the entire UL appear twice, each has their own line height and conditioned for Eng/Metr, but what's the best way to do this without duplicate text?
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

You could try creating a new "medium", set the style settings you need and then apply it to just the output target you need.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne