Pendo users? Anyone?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Pendo users? Anyone?

Post by doc_guy »

Is anybody out there using Pendo for analytics and user tracking?

Our company is trying to implement Pendo, but we've found that when a user opens the help system, Pendo's user ID doesn't travel into Flare. This means two things: 1. The user is now anonymous in the help system, so we can't track user behavior patterns; 2. The user is now using a new license, which costs us additional money.

Pendo tracks the user ID in a javascript variable. We've tried passing the javascript variable through the URL when you click on a help link, which is fine, except when you want to use a CSH link. When you use a CSH link like this:

Code: Select all

href="Default.htm?cshid=1234&PendoID=5678
... Flare strips out the extra paramaters. It only knows how to handle the cshid variable and not the custom one. Fine. I get that. But there must be some way to pass a variable through a CSH call.

So I'm wondering if anybody else is using Pendo, and if you are, how to you track your users from the application into the help system and back into the application, using a single Pendo user id value?

Thanks for any perspective you can provide.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Pendo users? Anyone?

Post by NorthEast »

Duplicate of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30364#p132071
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Not exactly a duplicate, but related to that topic, for sure. Two parts of the same question. In this one, I'm wondering if anybody is using Pendo and how you implement it in your organization, especially if you are using CSH help calls. That may or may not include modifying the default.html file which is what the other topic was about (specifically, how do you build a post-build action to modify the default.htm file).
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

dgonzalez
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dgonzalez »

Hi @doc_guy, sorry to necro this older thread. Were you ever able to do this? We want to analyze which pages our users are vising more in our online help, and we are starting an investigation. Our main app uses Pendo for analytics but it doesn't persist as the main HTML page changes when opening the OLH.