Word counts

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
RickD
Propeller Head

Word counts

Post by RickD »

I'm trying to work out how to get a word count that takes into account the single sourcing.

The report has the target word count, but it does not seem to account for the fact that a lot of the output is single sourced via snippets.

The Snippets section of the report does not seem to have a option for snippet word counts.

So I'm looking for help on getting a word count that can be used for localisation planning - that includes menus, titles topics etc, but only counts the content via snippets and variables once.

Many thanks
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Word counts

Post by ajturnersurrey »

Do you have Lingo?
When you open your project in Lingo you get stats about the translation effort required under File > Compute Statistics. You get a word/segment/character count which not only tells you how many are in each of the files you are looking to translate, but also the adjusted number once you remove duplicates - my current project has 45916 words but only 40463 for translating, because 5453 are duplicated.
RickD
Propeller Head

Post by RickD »

Unfortunately I don't have Lingo. I'm sure there is a way, but i think it would have to involve word counting the source files, and manually counting the snippets using word or something. Will reach out to support first. :-)
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ajturnersurrey »

You get a word count and a snippet count in Analyzer Statistics. I haven't played with Flare 2018 yet as it messes up my Capture images, but if the Analyzer functionality has indeed moved inside Flare you should be able to see that.