Flare 2018, View links error

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Beaver
Propeller Head

Flare 2018, View links error

Post by Beaver »

In Flare 2018 (first version) I got now by Rightmouse on a .htm or snippet or image
> View Links
> an error : System.NullReferenceException occurred at 24-5-2018 15:38:18

I have reported this error to Madcap today.
Beaver
Propeller Head

Re: Flare 2018, View links error

Post by Beaver »

Hi issues is already solved. :lol:
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

I'm glad it's resolved. :)

Can you post how you solved the problem, in case other people encounter the error?
PhilAmericus
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by PhilAmericus »

I had this issue. I fixed it by running the "Analysis" tool, which reported that there was a database error. Digging into it, I found a target file that had some bad syntax in it (I had somehow introduced the error when I did some batch processing).

This one syntax error in the target file was causing the Flare error to pop up 2 times, almost every time when I switched windows and also when I tried to display the links.
Rona Kwestel
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Rona Kwestel »

I just had a similar problem in Flare 2019, where somehow my Analyzer DB got corrupted and was reporting only one link to a particular file when I knew there were many more and a source code search confirmed it. If this happens, you can resolve it by simply deleting the entire Analyzer folder. As soon as you attempt to View Links or run an Analysis report, the DB will be regenerated and all should be right again.