H1 Title Included with Chapter Heading Numbering

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Philknott72
Propeller Head

H1 Title Included with Chapter Heading Numbering

Post by Philknott72 »

Hi all, I've created my first proper document and as a clean up exercise I had to go through the page layout flpgl files and set them to A4.

Once I had done that, I then had to re-jig the header, foot main body etc.

Before the re-jig the heading and text was fine. See was like this image:-
[img]
was%20like%20this.PNG[/attachment[/img] This is all fine, however I now have the H1 Title pulling into the Chapter Number cell and I cannot workout how to get it back into the main body cell. See now like this image:- [img][attachment=0]Now%20like%20this.PNG
[/img]
Please assist.

Thanks, Phil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmastri
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: H1 Title Included with Chapter Heading Numbering

Post by dmastri »

I'm running into this as well trying to follow the Autonumbering tutorial. What prevents H1 from flowing into the frame I've created for the autochapter numbering? I've been dissecting the Advanced Tripane and PDF template where this is shown and it doesn't appear that they are using any special framebreaks or... anything that I can find.

Is this simply a matter of sizing the frame just right on the page layout so that it only has room for the Chapter text? Any tips?

Or am I missing something?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! :)

I’ve seen this before and I think it indeed has to do with the combination of the size of the rotated frame and the font being used. For one of my projects, I had to tweak the frame’s sizing to correctly accommodate my client’s custom font. It was a little tricky because I had to make sure the rotated frame was large enough to accommodate double-digit chapter numbers but not so big that the heading text for single-digit chapter numbers would bleed into the rotated frame.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Slightly different, but I have a separate paragraph style that inserts "CHAPTER X" on a line of its own. Here's my code (I inherited it, it might not be optimum but does the trick for me.)

Code: Select all

p.ChapterNumber
	{
		font-variant: small-caps;
		mc-auto-number-offset: 6pt;
		font-size: 9pt;
		color: #000000;
		margin-left: 0;
		margin-top: 0pt;
		margin-bottom: 28pt;
		mc-auto-number-format: 'CH:Chapter {chapnum}';
		text-transform: uppercase;
		letter-spacing: 6px;
		page-break-after: avoid;
	}
To use this I insert a p with a space in it and apply the style p.ChapterNumber. Would you be able to do the same? I am not familiar with rotating frames so I'm not promising it'll work.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
dmastri
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dmastri »

Thanks for the replies and welcome!

I wrestled with this over the weekend and one thing I had originally overlooked is that in the sample project they have a space at the end of {chapnum} in mc-auto-number-format. I added this space and it resolved my issue though it still seems to be a matter of making the frame the exact size.

I did look at the other suggestion about making a separate paragraph style and I think that might be workable if used with frame breaks?