"Cannot connect to server" error?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
lcence303
Jr. Propeller Head

"Cannot connect to server" error?

Post by lcence303 »

Hi all -- tried to open a project today and got the following error "Cannot connect to server. See the Help for more information." I've never had any trouble opening Flare and have no idea what might have changed since I was working on this project last week. What server are they talking about? Madcap licensing server? TFS? Anyone else encountered this?
chrispitude
Propeller Head

Re: "Cannot connect to server" error?

Post by chrispitude »

I'm not sure about that, but I've been trying to submit a bug report on their website, and it just hangs when I click Submit. I tried three different browsers and two different computers. Maybe it's looking for the same server...
lcence303
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: "Cannot connect to server" error?

Post by lcence303 »

I figured out my issue. My company had upgraded to a new version of TFS about a month ago. Apparently, they had kept the old instance intact so I was able to check in and out without any errors. I guess yesterday they shut down the old instance, assuming there had been no problems, and that's when I started getting the error. I don't use Flare every day, so while I knew they had upgraded TFS, it had slipped my mind by the time I opened Flare a week or so after the update. Anyway, all I needed to do was to unbind/rebind each project. Now the fun is to make sure all my local changes get to the new TFS location. So far, so good :-)