leave topic out of html toc?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

leave topic out of html toc?

Post by cayennep »

Is there a way to do this? It's not in the print toc 'cos h6, but I thought there was a way to leave it out of the html toc as well?

It's for an intellectual property notice, so it needs to be there but not in TOC, ideally (tho I may learn otherwise, I'd like to know if this is possible)

thanks
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: leave topic out of html toc?

Post by SteveS »

Have you tried setting the mc-heading-level for the heading you want to include in the build but not the table of contents to 0?
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

SteveS wrote:Have you tried setting the mc-heading-level for the heading you want to include in the build but not the table of contents to 0?
Um, what? I can set the mc-heading for it (h6) to 0, but that only leaves it out of the print builds. Your suggestion sounds more complicated but I think this is what you’re saying, since that’s the only setting in there.

Notice the subject is about the html toc - am I missing something that would make this work there as well?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Does applying a condition on the toc entry still only apply to the toc entry, rather than the whole topic? If so, you could apply an excluded condition on the toc entry and the topic should still be in the project?

Or, if the exclude unreferenced topics setting still catches it in that case, maybe you could include a "display none" link to the topic in your start page or something?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Set a condition on the TOC entry (not the topic file), and exclude that condition from your HTML target.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

?? If you set a condition on the toc, the include/exclude applies to the toc AND the content inclusion

I'm kinda past it but did think there was a (simple) way to do this at one point.

thanks
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

The help says it should only affect the toc entry.
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... conditions

IMPORTANT: Placing a condition on a TOC or browse sequence entry does not remove the linked file from online output. In order to prevent a topic from being found in the output (e.g., via search or context-sensitive Help), you must place the condition on the topic file itself.
But maybe it falls foul of the "exclude content not directly or indirectly referenced"?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

cayennep wrote:?? If you set a condition on the toc, the include/exclude applies to the toc AND the content inclusion
In help outputs, setting the condition on the TOC entry (and excluding it) will only remove the TOC entry, not the topic.

As psider suggests, if the topic is not included, then it's most likely because you're using the target setting to "Exclude content not directly linked..."

I avoid using that setting, and always use conditions.