Issues redirecting to the correct help pages

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jack16
Propeller Head

Issues redirecting to the correct help pages

Post by jack16 »

We recently upgraded from 2017r2 to 2018. We use the alias file to link topics to pages in our software. It's always worked fine; however, since upgrading to 2018, a context-sensitive help link to a new topic no longer opens the help for the page but instead redirects to the home page of our html5 top nav site. Our development team is looking into it but in the early going hasn't found a solution. Could the problem be related to something that changed between Flare 2017r2 and 2018? Any ideas where to look? We've checked and re-checked page link IDs, alias file, header file, etc., and are stumped.
sdriggars
Propeller Head

Re: Issues redirecting to the correct help pages

Post by sdriggars »

I had a similar issue to this but it was not related to the upgrade (at least, i don't think it was). It occurred after I merged two different Flare projects into a single project. I merged a smaller project into my primary project and afterwards, only the context-sensitive links in the smaller project worked.

What I found was that I now I had two alias files in the project. Depending on which Alias File I had selected on the Advanced tab of my Target, that affected which of the context-sensitive links would work. When it was left as "(default)" it was picking the alias file for the smaller project.

The alias file itself sees all the .h header files in the project (you can filter these when you are viewing the alias file to only show one .h header file or the contents for all the .h files). I picked my alias file for my primary project and re-linked all the context-sensitive Help links for the smaller project in that file. I then deleted the alias file for the smaller project. I ended up with only one alias file and two .h header files in the project.

Now, when I look at the Alias File on the Advanced tab of my Target, it still says "(default)," but the only other file in the list is my combined alias file, so that is the one it is using, and all the links now work.
--Stephen