TOC - black vs blue entries

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

TOC - black vs blue entries

Post by ktbCA57 »

This is probably a really stupid question, but OH WELL...

I've built many toc's in the past.. but never had this issue... some of the entries in my TOC are in black text while the majority are blue (see attached)

I have confirmed that they are all linked to topics... so i can't figure out what is missing or wrong... help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC - black vs blue entries

Post by Nita Beck »

Let me assure you that there is nothing wrong or missing.

The blue TOC items are those that use the LinkedTitle system variable. That means that Flare will REPLACE the TOC item, during a build, with whatever is in the <title> tag of a topic; if the <title> tag is empty, it will use text of the first heading that it finds. This behavior was added to Flare a few releases back, in response to what I assume was a pretty popular enhancement request. When the contents of a topic's <title> tag or the first heading is modified, that topic's corresponding blue TOC item will be updated. (One may have to click the Refresh button on the TOC editor's toolbar to refresh the TOC while editing; Flare will resolve all the titles automatically during a build.)

The black TOC items are those whose labels have been manually entered. For these, if the contents of a topic's <title> tag or the first heading is ever modified, that topic's corresponding black TOC item will NOT be automatically updated. You'd have to edit the TOC item manually.

So in your particular TOC, the black ones are the older ones and the blue ones are the newer ones.

You can read more here: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... nually.htm

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

THANK YOU! whew! ok.. I can live with this! lol

Thanks so much for such a quick, clear, and thorough response!

:D :D :D
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I just happened to be perusing the forums during my lunch break. I'm not usually this snappy with my responses!
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

:lol: WELL.. LUCKY FOR ME YOU HAD A BORING LUNCH!

Thanks, AGAIN!