ebook build error

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
crownjulesb
Propeller Head

ebook build error

Post by crownjulesb »

Hello All,
I'm trying to figure out why I get an error when building my project as an ebook. I'm only testing this out in the first instance on an existing project which was designed primarily for pdf and web output.
I have created a new TOC, new page layouts, and the stylesheet is using default (for now).

Going through the log file: it begins to build fine, goes through all the processing and paginating stages OK. Then begins to add the content to the final doc. It goes through the front matter without any issues, and then stumbles when it begins to add the major content of the document. I end up with a build failure at this point with the error message:

"Build Failed: Reference to undeclared entity 'ns_extend'. Line 4, position 43."

Can someone enlighten me as to where I can find this "undeclared entity" and put it right?!?! The "ns_extend" bit seems to be hidden somewhere - It's not in the topic where the build stops.
If I had an error message that helped me to understand what the issue is, I could fix it.. But right now, I'm stumped!

We wanted to see how the ebook version would look, based on the current content - but if it fails to build without me being able to correct the errors that occur, then we can't use it for this. Which would be a shame.
If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Many thanks. J
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: ebook build error

Post by SKamprowski »

Hello,

I suggest to start with a sample project. Compile it to EPUB. See whether you like it. Its appearance may Change in different viewers.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)