Global Project Retrofit

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
DoTheWriteThing
Propeller Head

Global Project Retrofit

Post by DoTheWriteThing »

I've got several projects with their own style sheets and I want to link them all to a single global project so the one I update the global stylesheet these changes will cascade through into the projects. What is the best way to go about this?
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Global Project Retrofit

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I am making some assumptions here, so I apologise if they don't fit for you. And you can go a bit further with your global project

In most projects, stylesheets are included in the \Content\Reources\Stylesheets folder, so this post assumes that's the case for you.

Firstly, decide what your stylesheet is going to be called, and in all of your child projects rename the stylesheet to that name.

Create a "global" project. This might be by copying one of your existing projects or you might want to start with a bare naked project from Flare. Either way is fine. For these purposes I'll assume the project is called globals.flrpj. In said globals project, ensure that you have the things you want to go into other projects in the standard folders (this might be your stylesheet, table stylesheets, common content such as copyright topics, maybe some standard snippets, masterpages, page layouts, skins, conditional tag sets, glossaries, reports that you'll find useful for all your child projects, variable sets - basically anything you think your other projects all ought to use the same for.)

In your child projects, add an import file from your globals project - this will be a .flimpfl file. In the import file, select the file types that you want to include.

Run the import file in the child project.

That should get you started, please shout if you need further assistance.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx