Publishing a Flare HTML project on Confluence

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
DoTheWriteThing
Propeller Head

Publishing a Flare HTML project on Confluence

Post by DoTheWriteThing »

I need to publish an HTML project on Confluence but the owner of our corporate confluence documentation publishing platform says that I cannot upload html pages, create directories and so on. So the only way that I can think of doing it is to recreate the pages individually as Confluence pages. An I'm not sure this would work because I'm not sure how I would replicate the styles.
Any ideas?
jjw
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Publishing a Flare HTML project on Confluence

Post by jjw »

You can paste your generated html into a Confluence page manually using the HTML macro. Confluence will retain your classes so you could refer to a stylesheet for the space (or just use inline styles). However, there would be a few problems to deal with:
  • Confluence will strip out any attributes that it doesn't like (including id and name)
  • If you have any images you'll have to decide where to put them (attach them to the page and relink? host them somewhere else?)
  • You'll have to recreate any cross references to other pages
  • You can't have duplicate page titles in a Confluence space so you might have to rename pages (and cross references to those pages)
If you don't have a lot of content you'd probably be best to just manually recreate the pages in Confluence and maintain them there. If you do have a lot of content or you have fancy styles that Confluence can't handle, it would be much simpler to just host them somewhere else and link to them from Confluence.

You could try automating the process by the way, you can create and write to pages using the Confluence API. I tried it but ... life is too short.