Insert Topic into Slideshow

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
tawnip
Propeller Head

Insert Topic into Slideshow

Post by tawnip »

Hi,

Can you add (insert/import) an entire topic into a slideshow? I can get the Heading to display, but not the entire slide. I want my slide show to be used for training like a PowerPoint presentation whilst keeping my Topics up-to-date thus assuming my Slideshow remains current too.

I thought I read or saw this feature somewhere but maybe it was a hallucination or a dream???

I'm using Flare 2018, Windows 10.

Thanks, Tawni
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Insert Topic into Slideshow

Post by atomdocs »

I'm not sure about that feature, maybe it was indeed a dream :D

One way to keep content automatically synced in two locations is to put it in a snippet, and use the snippet in each location. When you want to update that content, update the snippet.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
tawnip
Propeller Head

Post by tawnip »

Good idea Tom. This is a MONSTER project but I will keep that in mind. I will post if I figure out a more efficient solution. Happy day and thank you, Tawni
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by atomdocs »

No problem, Tawni. I appreciate that keeping all your topics in snippets is a lot of effort - perhaps more effort than is beneficial in the long run. I use this approach with slideshows, but I only use e.g. a short intro blurb, so snippets are easy in that context. Hope you find a way to do it.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7