Exporting Alias file to an Excel/csv/tab-delimited text file

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
tvanboening
Jr. Propeller Head

Exporting Alias file to an Excel/csv/tab-delimited text file

Post by tvanboening »

Hello,

I am working on completely re-engineering a context-sensitive help project for a client. I don't need to go in to all the specifics, but one of my developers on the project has asked if there is a way to export the Alias file to some type of .csv or tab-delimited text file? I ideally would love to export the file in some semblance of what you see in the Alias Editor in Flare, including the icons (green/yellow circles) that indicate whether a particular topic in the project is in use in the help or not. I have attached a screenshot of this.

TIA,

TVB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Exporting Alias file to an Excel/csv/tab-delimited text

Post by wclass »

There's no export function that I know of. I have used old fashioned copy/paste before, which gets everything except the status icons.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
tvanboening
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by tvanboening »

Yea, that's what I thought and have done as well, but for a variety of reasons, the Status icons are critical to this request.
Thanks!

TVB
lcarver
Propeller Head

Post by lcarver »

I don't know if you're still working on this, but my (not so great) workaround has been to go to the directory, save a copy of the .flali file as a .xml file (just changing the file extension manually in the name), open the XML in Excel, and then save it as a .csv. It's not ideal, but it will work if you're really stuck.