Topic hero background image

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jack16
Propeller Head

Topic hero background image

Post by jack16 »

How do I get a background image for the topic hero to expand the full width of the page?
jack16
Propeller Head

Re: Topic hero background image

Post by jack16 »

Sorry, think I found it. For Background Size, select "Cover"; however, now I need to figure out how to get the image to fit within the height of the topic hero. Someone sent me a .png. If I save it directly to a folder, I can't add it as a background image. But if I open the image, take a screenshot and save it as a .png in Paint, I can add it. When I select "Cover," it spans the page, as desired, but the image doesn't fit within the height and is blurred. Forgive me for my lack of dexterity with images.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I suspect that the size of your hero image is not large enough.

In the Flare documentation, there's some (admittedly deeply buried) information about recommended sizes for the hero image in Top Nav and Side Nav output:

https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... Output.htm

Look in the section titled "Home Topic" and then the bit on "Unique Hero Image".

This also might have useful info: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Links.htm. It's from the Side Navigation tutorial.

Look in the section titled "Replace Content and Links in the Home Topic".

Sorry I'm not being more definitive to answer your question. I hope this much helps.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
jack16
Propeller Head

Post by jack16 »

Excellent. I'll check out the links. Thank you for your help, Nita.
Michelle_Gardner
Propeller Head

Post by Michelle_Gardner »

@jack16, did you find a solution? I'm having that same issue, and specifying "cover" isn't solving it. It seems like the image expanded full screen in another skin, but not in side nav. I'll try again tomorrow ...
jack16
Propeller Head

Post by jack16 »

Hello, Michelle,

Sorry for the long delay, but I haven't been back to the forum in a while. With a bit of sweat, if I recall, I was able to get the image the way I wanted it, but the details--because it's been a while and I'm not often in the stylesheet--may escape me at the moment.

In StylesForHomePage > div > topic-hero, I have the image selected, center selected as the background-position and cover as the background-size, for what that's worth. I have a handful of other settings, but they're likely unrelated to the issue you seem to be describing.

I trust you've found a solution since your last post.