How to close the Preview pane

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
YE-TW
Propeller Head

How to close the Preview pane

Post by YE-TW »

Hi,

I'm using Flare 2018 r2 on Windows 7, but this issue has occurred in previous Flare versions, as well.

I love the dynamic preview, but the Preview pane often opens with the title bar above the Windows window, so there is no way to "grab" the title bar to move or close the pane.

To fix this, I actually have to resize my Windows screen resolution, close the Preview pane, and then revert to my preferred screen resolution of 1920x1080.

Any workarounds?

TIA!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: How to close the Preview pane

Post by NorthEast »

For any window you can use Alt+Space to open the window's menu, press M to move, then use the arrow keys.
YE-TW
Propeller Head

Post by YE-TW »

Thanks, Dave, but this doesn't seem to work for the floating Preview pane. Windows probably doesn't recognize it as a separate "window".

So, I'm still looking for a solution...

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

You could try grabbing one of the window edges and resizing just a smidge. I have one program at home that insists one being a few millimetres off the edge of the screen, and that automatically pulls it back within my screen area. It's a pain to do every time, but I haven't found a permanent solution.

Or, try pressing Windows Key + arrow key. That sometimes grabs a window that the Alt+spacebar method can't grab. The first press with move the window to fill half the screen. The second press will move it to the other half of the screen. The third press will return it to the original position (but possibly within the screen area, I admit I haven't tested that). In any case, after the first press you can then just resize as normal.
YE-TW
Propeller Head

Post by YE-TW »

Thanks, Psider. Resizing the sides a smidgen doesn't usually work for me, but your Windows key + arrow key suggestion works perfectly! Thank you so much! Case closed :D.
Fiona
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Fiona »

Just had this issue too...glad to find a resolution that works already in the forum, thank you!
EileenP
Propeller Head

Post by EileenP »

Just had this same issue, but Windows key + arrow keys had no effect.
Troubleshooting that problem, I found the following, which solved it. Hope this helps someone.

Check this:

Go to Windows' "Ease of access center" by typing that exactly on START menu's search box.(or, just press WIN+U)

Find and click "Make the keyboard easier...".

Uncheck the box with "Prevent...." under "Make it easier to manage windows" if it is checked.
Roger475
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Roger475 »

And here we are in 2024 and MadCap STILL has not fixed this issue.
Folkie
Propeller Head

Post by Folkie »

I've just had the same issue (never seen it before), and even rebooting didn't make it go away - when I reopened Flare, there was the preview window opened halfway off-screen, with nothing to grab.
Windows Key + arrow key worked for me, thanks Psider if you're still on here after all this time!