Preview

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Milly
Jr. Propeller Head

Preview

Post by Milly »

When I create my topic and spend time getting it how I want it, i'm a bit surprised that when I view it in a preview window it looks completely different. What am I doing wrong?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Preview

Post by Nita Beck »

If you just clicked the Preview button on the XML Editor's toolbar, then the Preview window will show the topic as it will appear (more or less, but that's another story) for the target that is set as the project's primary target. So say you're working in the XML Editor's print layout view, but the primary target is an online target, not a print target. The Preview window will show the topic as it will appear in online output not in print output. (You might want to check which target you've got set as the primary target and change it the one whose layout you prefer to "see" most of the time.)

If you open the Preview button's drop-down list, you'll see listed all the targets in your project and you can select the one you want to preview the topic for, regardless of the layout view of the XML Editor and regardless of which target is set as the primary target.

The Preview window will show or hide conditionalized content as controlled by the target you've selected to preview, but you can selectively show or hide conditions as you wish.

This topic in Flare's Help goes over everything I just described, and more: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... Topics.htm.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!