Required Features to Use Flare in my current position

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
hedcannon
Jr. Propeller Head

Required Features to Use Flare in my current position

Post by hedcannon »

I have 8 years heavy duty experience with Flare. I love its WYSIWYG interface, HTML output, and single-sourcing for multiple audiences.

It has certain weaknesses in single sourcing to PDF output and even more in Word but I can work with those. I have technical workarounds for its lack of Mac support.

However -- and this is a showstopper -- I need it to support developer documentation -- and that means I need to produce Markdown (.md) output. It will be some time before any of my documentation will be channeled to a web server or platform but I'd like to retain that option. Given that Flare supports Git synchronization and Markdown is the most relied on format on Git, it is frustrating that I can't auto-import MD into my project or output to MD files.

So, Flare developers, if you are listening, I need Markdown support before I can return to using Flare.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Required Features to Use Flare in my current position

Post by SteveS »

Welcome!

This, however, is a peer to peer forum and although people from Madcap drop in from time to time, it's not the best place to log bugs or enhancements (although someone in the same position as you might chime in with a work around).

You can lodge feature requests here.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Beaver
Propeller Head

Post by Beaver »

We use https://tortoisesvn.net/ instead of GIT.
- Every day I do a UPDATE/COMMIT (manual)

Good luck
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

I know this is an old post, but Mattias Sander makes a markdown plugin for Flare, and his (free) Kaizen plugin has some limited markdown features.
Markdown plugin
Kaizen plugin