Kind of a dumb question...

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
rgrace
Propeller Head

Kind of a dumb question...

Post by rgrace »

I have a large collection of page breaks that my predecessor applied to documents that I am now in charge of. Many appear as "avoided page breaks" with a small icon at the top left of each page. I cannot delete them no matter what I do, they do not appear in Text Editor mode, and I cannot find any information online about this basic function in Flare. Back when Flare's peerless coders wanted to imitate Microsoft Word, it seems they forgot this minor but vital element. I can insert them, but I can't get rid of them. Can anyone please answer this simple question?
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Kind of a dumb question...

Post by SteveS »

Have you checked your style sheet?

From your description it sounds as if there is a generic style being applied. Look for something that starts with a period (.) and includes page break before avoid in its styling.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

These "avoided page breaks" are to do with the styles applied to the paragraphs before and after the page break and could be because of "page-break-before: always;", "page-break-after: always;" or even widow and orphan controls. The reason you can't see them in the Text Editor is that there isn't anything specifically there, the breaks are inserted because Flare has followed the rules in your stylesheet.

If you post a sample from the Text Editor of what you can see, we can possibly point you to how to discover how these little darlings got into your project. :)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
rgrace
Propeller Head

Post by rgrace »

Oh, thank you both for your responses! I'll let you know what I find out! :D I'm not totally new to CSS, even editing CSS in Flare, but this is something I'm not familiar with, so this is great.