Calling a TOC in side pane

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Calling a TOC in side pane

Post by Arpita_17 »

Hi All Flare Experts,

I have a question wrt to calling a TOC and displaying it in a side pane upon navigation from the home page.

I have taken Balboa (https://www.madcapsoftware.com/download ... templates/) as my base template. In the home page, the top menu is linked to the Master TOC. I have created separate TOCs for the modules supported by our application, for example, Accounts Payable, GL etc. I have a Hyperlink to these module introduction topics from my home page. Now, what i am trying to achieve is that as the user opens the module introduction topics, and the relevant TOC to that topic displays in the side-pane (above Search Tips in case of the Balboa template). How can this be done? Help

Also, I would like to display the breadcrumb on the topics. Thanks
samL
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Calling a TOC in side pane

Post by samL »

Hi,
I am looking for a solution for this issue myself. I could use some help. Did you find a solution?
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Post by Arpita_17 »

Please find the solution below that worked for me
Last edited by Arpita_17 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Post by Arpita_17 »

samL wrote:Hi,
I am looking for a solution for this issue myself. I could use some help. Did you find a solution?
Adding Menu Proxy in your OtherTopic Master page (Master page for topics other than your home page). For breadcrumbs to display, you can add the Breadcrumbs proxy to the same Master page. But, you should know that the breadcrumbs would display only when your other TOC is added to your main TOC. You can alter the heading level display of your main toc by altering the Top menu (Depth) To show in Top Navigation skin.
samL
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by samL »

Thanks Arpita. This helps a lot!