Width Restriction on Table Size in HTML5

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
RobertH2020
Jr. Propeller Head

Width Restriction on Table Size in HTML5

Post by RobertH2020 »

I have an HTML5 project that contains many tables. The tables are set at 1000px wide in the project, but when I view the project on a 1928px monitor, the header stretches properly but the tables stubbornly refuse to be wider than 500px. I went into the project and pulled up the table style and the Table properties was not listed at all. So, I go to add property and set max-width to 1000px. This did not work, of course. So I am asking here. This is a pretty vanilla HTML5 target. Anyone have an idea? It seems senseless to have such huge monitors with a tiny skinny UI Element table.
Thanks,..
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Width Restriction on Table Size in HTML5

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

When you say "The tables are set at 1000px wide in the project", how did you do this? It might be worth removing this as a starting point to see what happens, so you can at least rule out that setting as whatever it is that's applying the restriction.

Is the generated width EXACTLY 500 pixels? If so, you could also search in the text of your regular stylesheet and any table stylesheets to see if 500px is in there anywhere.

Another thing you could try to help you identify what's going on is to use "inspect element" in your browser. Right-click in the table and select Inspect element and see what it brings up, it might help you narrow things down a bit.

Good luck, and post a screenshot of your "inspect element" thing if you're still stumped.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx