Excluded imported files not being excluded in HTML5 output

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
dicentra
Jr. Propeller Head

Excluded imported files not being excluded in HTML5 output

Post by dicentra »

In my project (P1) I have some files that are imported from another project (P2).

I have put an exclusion tag on several htm files in P2 at the file level. I import both the htm files and the conditional tag set from P2.

In P1 I can see all of the imported files, including the files that have the exclusion tag. This is not a problem.

In my P1 HTML5 target I select Exclude for the exclusion tag in the imported P2 files. There are no other tags on the files that I want to exclude.

And yet when I generate the HTML5 output I can access the excluded files using the search feature.

Where there are conditional tags inside the htm file that material is excluded and included according to my target's settings, but the file-level tagging is ignored.

Is this a known issue?

If so, is the solution to remove the files to be excluded from the import list?
SRank
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Excluded imported files not being excluded in HTML5 outp

Post by SRank »

Hi

Does it help if you on the HTML target under Advanced, mark "Exclude content not linked directly or indirectly from the target"?
chrisj
Propeller Head

Post by chrisj »

Do you see this behavior if you build locally, or is it only on a published version? I've ran into issues similar to this that was because I was not removing stale files from the destination.
Chris Jones
Product Content Manager - TEAM Software
dicentra
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dicentra »

It's when generating files locally, with Flare clearing out the previous build.

Oddly enough, I saw this behavior recently when generating a PDF. I had to exclude the file at the TOC level, because the exclusion tag at the file level wasn't enough.