Snippet conditions are not inherited by contained snippets?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
alsarg72
Propeller Head

Snippet conditions are not inherited by contained snippets?

Post by alsarg72 »

When I discovered snippet conditions I thought they were a godsend, but it seems snippets included in snippets that have snippet conditions applied in a topic don't inherit them to even two levels down, let alone all the way down. I've been working around it, but it means I can't properly take advantage of them the way I want to.

Is that actually the case, or is it possible there is something I'm missing? I mean, can someone confirm, is it true that snippet conditions are not inherited by contained snippets?

Thanks in advance.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Snippet conditions are not inherited by contained snippe

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

i have seen this. I got round it by applying the snippet condition to the topic rather than to each snippet, but that's not always ideal. please report it as a bug.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
alsarg72
Propeller Head

Re: Snippet conditions are not inherited by contained snippe

Post by alsarg72 »

Thanks for the confirmation.

I've raised a bug.

Subject: Snippet conditions are not inherited by contained snippets.
Description: If you put a snippet in two topics and apply snippet conditions so that the snippet content is different in the two topics it works fine. If you put a snippet in the snippet, (or a snippet in the snippet in the snippet...) the conditions are not inherited. It means that I have to break up topic files and compose them instead of using inheritance. It reduces the utility of snippets and the workaround means breaking files into lots of smaller files.
Steps: 1. Make a topic with a snippet and apply a condition. 2. Put a snippet in that snippet and try to use the condition.
Desired Behaviour: Have snippet conditions inherited all the way down.