Drop-down automatically expands text in output

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
MetteDK
Jr. Propeller Head

Drop-down automatically expands text in output

Post by MetteDK »

I have added drop-down to collapse large files. I have edited the MC style slightly to better suit our corporate style. But nothing majorv (only a border in dropdonwHead and a change of images for collapse and expand). I have done this before and have never had a problem.
However, now when I view the generated output the drop-down auotmatically expands the text when I open a topic with the drop-down style. The funny thing is that when I preview the topic it looks justs fine and the drop-down stays collapsed till I click the hotspot. Where can I change the settings so the text in the hotspot stays collapsed?
MetteN
MetteDK
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Drop-down automatically expands text in output

Post by MetteDK »

Adding to my previous post: This issue seems to be related to tables only. Adding standard text within the drop-down stays collapsed. Now, I know that tables have previously worked for me and stayed collapsed withii the drop-down. So I wonder what has happened since then (I think it has been 2 versions since then)
MetteN
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

MetteDK wrote:Adding to my previous post: This issue seems to be related to tables only. Adding standard text within the drop-down stays collapsed. Now, I know that tables have previously worked for me and stayed collapsed withii the drop-down. So I wonder what has happened since then (I think it has been 2 versions since then)
How are you navigating to the page?
- If you are searching for a word that appears in a dropdown, that dropdown will automatically expand on page load (table or no table).
- If you're navigating through the menus (or reach the page via search for something that's not in the dropdown), it should stay closed.

I can confirm that this works as expected (for all our dropdowns, including those with tables) for HTML5 top and side nav output in v2018 r2.
Casey

MetteDK
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by MetteDK »

Hi Casey
I am simply testing the feature and not searching for a specific term. I compile and open the Help and as soon as I open the topic with the table it expands. As I wrote it stays collapsed if the drop-down contains simple text only. I am puzzled about this behavior since I have used this feature before with the same styling for many many tables. It was with a previous version of Flare thouhg. For about 18 months I didn't produce HTML5 Help but only PDF.
MetteN
MetteDK
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by MetteDK »

Hi '- again- Casey
After a couple of days away from my project and yet another compilation - it now works!!
I wonder if I was stuck in a bad cycle the other day. Thanks for trying to help out.
MetteN
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

MetteDK wrote:Hi '- again- Casey
After a couple of days away from my project and yet another compilation - it now works!!
I wonder if I was stuck in a bad cycle the other day. Thanks for trying to help out.
Glad to hear it's working now! :)
Casey