stupid question - Styles Pane won't go back to one column

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

stupid question - Styles Pane won't go back to one column

Post by ktbCA57 »

I have reset my layout several times, but when I bring up the Styles pane on my desktop, it's showing as 2 columns instead of one. I'm trying to work on a laptop so i'm losing real estate because of it. How do i get this back to one column?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: stupid question - Styles Pane won't go back to one colum

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I've had that once or twice, and it's REALLY annoying! It eventually resolved, but I can't quite remember what I had to do to fix it, but here are a few things I've done and I'm pretty sure one of them worked.

* Try to make it as narrow as possible (and I don't think I could make it only one column even then).
* In Flare, on the Window tab, clear the Auto-save Layout checkbox and reload the default layout.
* Close Flare. I might even have had to restart my machine but I can't remember, and hopefully one of the others will have fixed the problem without you needing to do this too!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

Thanks for making me feel less stupid about it.. i thought i might be missing something super obvious...

i have tried your first 2 suggestions... but not the third.. I'm going to try that now...

Thanks!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

Well.... ChoccieMuffin... I am back after rebooting my laptop... and unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue... grrr... seems like this should be a simple thing, no?

Thanks for trying tho! If i get it figured out, I will post it in this thread so in case it happens again and we forget what to do, we can always check back here.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

OK... I got a resolution from Tech Support... it's more complicated than i expected.. but here it is.. and it def worked!

1. Close Flare
2. Browse to this path: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData (make sure hidden files and folders are turned on)\Roaming\MadCap Software\Flare
3. To enable "Show hidden files", select View > Options > Change folder and search options > View > Show hidden files, folders, and drives
4. Find the CatapultMdiEditor folder and make a copy outside of this directory as a backup. This will reset your layout in Flare, but the copy can be moved back if this does not resolve the issue.
5. Delete the CatapultMdiEditor folder here
6. Restart Flare