Content duplicates and page count automatically increases

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Zaphod
Jr. Propeller Head

Content duplicates and page count automatically increases

Post by Zaphod »

I have a situation where the content in the topic and its page count automatically (and astronomically!) double or triple any time I make any sort of text input to a table (type, cut, copy, paste, etc). For example in a topic containing 15 pages of existing content, it will duplicate itself and increase in size by 20-30 pages every time I make any kind of input. This has added as many as 500 pages to a 15-page topic. Consequently, this increases the delay time for any input to appear in the topic and soon becomes a huge drag on resources. The only way to counteract this is to refresh the page by switching back and forth between the Text Editor tab and the XML Editor tab. But this is only a temporary fix, as the content repeatedly duplicates and increments the page count again, and then you have to switch between tabs again to refresh. This seems to occur only when working in topics that contain tables. How can I resolve this permanently?
Thanks,
Zaphod
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Content duplicates and page count automatically increase

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Hi Zaphod

Firstly welcome to the forums.

Secondly, I'm sorry I can't offer any suggestions but it certainly sounds like a bit of a bug to me, so I suggest you use the link in my footer and raise a bug. Tech Support are usually pretty responsive and should be able to sort things out for you.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Zaphod
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Content duplicates and page count automatically increase

Post by Zaphod »

ChoccieMuffin wrote:Hi Zaphod

Firstly welcome to the forums.

Secondly, I'm sorry I can't offer any suggestions but it certainly sounds like a bit of a bug to me, so I suggest you use the link in my footer and raise a bug. Tech Support are usually pretty responsive and should be able to sort things out for you.
Thank you ChoccieMuffin, and thanks for the link - I'll do that.
Thanks,
Zaphod