DITA output not retianing document structure

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
chuck_agari
Sr. Propeller Head

DITA output not retianing document structure

Post by chuck_agari »

I'm using fairly standard topic structure, and Flare adds tags to the source file as I'd expect: h1, h2, h3, etc.

I have a target for DITA output that we're sharing with a partner. in the output files, all of the heading tags are being converted to p tags. This is a BIG problem.

For example:

Code: Select all

<topic id="User_Account_Settings">
    <title>User Account Settings</title>
    <body>
        <p>User Account Settings</p>
        <p>This topic describes the settings for <ph conref="../../../Resources/mcvars.dita#mcvars/variableId1" /> user accounts.</p>
The first p element under the body element should be an h1 element, like in the source file. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?

P.S. I'm also finding just about all other block-level elements being converted to p elements, and p elements with class attributes being stripped of those class attributes.

P.P.S. I have a test DITA book that I got from our partners, mostly so I could review their DTD. I imported it into a test Flare project, then immediately output that import to a DITA target without making any changed. The same thing happened: All of the first-level block elements were changed to p elements.