Pasting preformatted code into Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Joseph Zitt
Propeller Head

Pasting preformatted code into Flare

Post by Joseph Zitt »

I need to paste preformatted HTML within a table cell in the Flare text editor. Flare indents each line of code, which would be appropriate in almost all other cases, but breaks the formatting of <pre> code.

How can I get it not to do this, and to leave the code within the <pre> through </pre> tags alone?
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Pasting preformatted code into Flare

Post by BedfordWriter »

Hard to be sure without seeing an example, but this should be easy in the text editor. (As opposed to the XML editor)

'course, you do say that you're working within a table, so perhaps there's something about the cell formatting. Or maybe you're getting <p> </p> tags within the cell.
Joseph Zitt
Propeller Head

Re: Pasting preformatted code into Flare

Post by Joseph Zitt »

I figured this out yesterday... I think. It was odd that Flare and the browsers were obeying the <span> and <style> information within the <pre> tags, even though, as I understand it, it should have displayed them literally (which we also didn't want).

I ended up putting all the text within the cell into a monospace font and removing the <pre> tags, with intentional <br /> tags at the end of each line. It now does what I want it to. (That it almost did so before is a bit mystifying, but probably a result of the browsers, etc, being liberal in what they accept, which is usually good.)