Track changes Accept changes

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
mgdawn672017
Jr. Propeller Head

Track changes Accept changes

Post by mgdawn672017 »

I'm using Track Changes to document my changes so the writers can review and accept, revert or changes. When I get the topic back, I highlight the portion of edited text I'm working on and click Accept Changes. I was expecting the crossed out text to be gone and the entered text to now be in the topic so I can view it in "final" format. Instead, I'm still seeing all the edits.

Am I misunderstanding how "Accept Changes" works? If so, how does it work? How should I be using this feature?

Thanks,
MDawn
carmonli
Propeller Head

Re: Track changes Accept changes

Post by carmonli »

I just tried this and it seems to work a bit differently depending on what is selected.
  • I made a change, selected the entire paragraph by selecting <p> marker on the left side of the window. When I clicked Accept Change, nothing happened - I had to click Accept Change a second time for the change to actually be implemented.
  • I made a change and then placed the cursor in the document somewhere before the change. Then I clicked Next Change to select only the change. When I then clicked Accept Change, the change was indeed accepted immediately (as you expected).
mgdawn672017
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Track changes Accept changes

Post by mgdawn672017 »

Thank you. Your response was very helpful. I didn't even think to experiment! I'm glad you did.

MDawn