Flare & Teamcity

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
GrahamR
Propeller Head

Flare & Teamcity

Post by GrahamR »

hi everyone

I'd like to start taking advantage of our TeamCity server to build my various different flare outputs in our CICD environment. I'm right at the beginning of my adventures with TeamCity, so have started investigating this morning, have gained access to a project in our TeamCity and started to create a build config but hit my first stumbling block pretty quickly: namely Madbuild being local to my working environment within the only Flare install we have here (on my laptop) and no constant connectivity between the TeamCity server and my laptop.

How does anyone else integrate with TeamCity? Is there a good resource for Flare & TeamCity I can go read?
Do I have to face up to requesting another Flare licence for the TeamCity buildagent? Or is there an alternative work around?

Any ideas, suggestions, and/or pointers would be gratefully received.

thanks
Graham
Graham
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare & Teamcity

Post by wclass »

We have also just started testing our process with TeamCity. We ended up buying a Build Licence for Flare - it is an extra licence but much cheaper.
Our first project (of many dozens) has now been implemented and works. We use GIT repositories in TFS and bind the project to Flare. Once a pull request is approved and merged back into the master, a build in TeamCity is triggered (using Flare Build version installed on the TeamCity box), and if that build is successful, it triggers Octopus Deploy to publish the output to all the places it needs to go.
So far we have only set up the one project, but as it works, we will now start working on all the rest. As for resources, we grabbed some developers who have set up their web projects in TFS/GIT/TeamCity already.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
GrahamR
Propeller Head

Post by GrahamR »

Thanks Margaret - it sounds like your setup is more or less the setup I intend on using.
Mind if I ask you how much the build licence was? How much cheaper than a standard perpetual licence.
Graham
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

It was about a quarter of the price. Won't go into details as I would have to translate from Aus dollars, and it depends on what support - we have bronze. Also bought our main licences as a group > 5.
I think the build licence is worth the cost.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne