Repeat Headings

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
sandivaughn38
Jr. Propeller Head

Repeat Headings

Post by sandivaughn38 »

I am a new user to Flare. I have my headings set but do not know how to enable the heading to repeat when the content spans across two or more pages. I assume this is done in the stylesheet but I am not sure which setting that may be. Any help is appreciated. Sandi
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Repeat Headings

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums, Sandi. :)

Sorry, but it's not clear to me exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to get table headings (aka table titles / captions) to repeat across pages? And, speaking of pages, I assume you are trying to generate a print output, such as a PDF, yes?

Please try to be more specific about what your goal is, and we'll see if we can get you some assistance. Also, what version of Flare are you using? Sometimes that matters.

Meantime, if you are indeed talking about table titles repeating across pages, check out this topic in the Flare 2019 Help: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... Output.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
sandivaughn38
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by sandivaughn38 »

Hi Nita,
Apologies if I was not clear on my question. I am using Flare 2018r2 and am producing a training guide for PDF output. Currently, we do use tables to format our content and the topic heading appears on each page of the output. In Flare, we are NOT using tables to structure our content. I have used heading styles to identify each topic as we current do now, however when content within the topic spans two pages, I need the title of the topic to reappear on the continuing page. I have attached an example. Hopefully this help to identify what I am trying to accomplish.

<<EDIT by Nita on July 30, 2020: It has been reported to us that the OP attached an image that showed proprietary information. The OP is no longer with the company, and the current authors have requested the removal of the image. Please, DO NOT POST proprietary information!>>
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

How about including it in the heading in your page layout? That way you can still see where the topic actually starts (with the heading itself).
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

All, please see my EDIT note above about NOT disclosing proprietary information in the forums.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!