Mini TOC proxy in Content Page

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Mini TOC proxy in Content Page

Post by Arpita_17 »

Hi All,
Just wondering if inserting the Mini TOC proxy is permitted in the content pages, not master page. I did try to insert it to one of my content topics but it showed nothing in the Output.

What I was really after was to include a mini TOC of the content on that individual page
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Re: Mini TOC proxy in Content Page

Post by Arpita_17 »

Also, in continuation to the above question, is there a way to include a horizontal toc separated by an arrow (More like a process map)
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Mini TOC proxy in Content Page

Post by Psider »

For print output, the mini toc proxy by default uses the heading 1-6 styles you've applied in your topics. However, you can change it to make it based on your table of contents.

For online outputs, the mini toc proxy is based on the headings in your table of contents. You cannot change this behaviour.

See https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Proxy.htm

If you are producing an online output and want a table of contents for JUST the headings in a topic, then you need to use a menu as discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31586

Transforming the menu component into a horizontal list will be possible but will require more advanced CSS knowledge. You'll need to inspect the code using your browsers developer tools to figure out what you need to do. I don't think there is any way to quickly do it in the Flare interface.