images for level 3 list

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

images for level 3 list

Post by cayennep »

I cannot figure out how to set the image differently for level 3 list item.

It's inheriting from UL2, aka ul ul - not sure the diff but cannot actually see a 'UL2' in Flare, only in formatting window, and no UL3.

I have a Complex Selector with ul ul ul and have set the image I want there, but it does not change. The ul ul one there does seem to be the image used by level 2 lists (tho there are tons of other places this could be defined, they all use a different image). But I change the image for this one and nothing happens. When I change it directly in the formatting window, it changes the level 2 as well.

Tips?? tricks?
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: images for level 3 list

Post by Chicago_HPT »

Are you using the built-in Style editor for your CSS or are you using the Text Editor to manually change the CSS? I ask because it sounds like this could be based on the precedence/specificity of the style within your style sheet. Specificity rules often make me dizzy.

But, it's possible that, if the UL2 style (ul ul img, I presume that's the selector) is listed after the UL3 style (ul ul ul img) in the style sheet itself, then it could be applied to the image because ul ul img and ul ul ul img could both apply to the image, so the ul ul img style might take precedence because it's listed last in the style sheet. That is, the img is within a ul block that comes within a ul block -- even if both of those ul blocks are within another one! ... Yes, I'm sure my explanation is very clear and not confusing at all. :?

One way to test this is to open the style sheet in the text editor (right-click the style sheet in the Explorer pane and select Open in Text Editor). Find both complex selectors and make sure the UL2 style comes before the UL3 style in the style sheet.

Just an educated guess, but I hope it helps,
-jeff