Mobile view on HTML5 Responsive output

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
WriterAndrew
Propeller Head

Mobile view on HTML5 Responsive output

Post by WriterAndrew »

Hi, I've set up a very simple project with the HTML5 Top Nav output.

I have found a method that "hopefully" anchors the footer to beneath the text (Footer only shows on the home page). This method is based around the info from https://matthewjamestaylor.com/bottom-footer.

When I test the mobile output on my desktop by resizing the browser windows to as narrow as I can get, the layout changes as I expect, with the footer sitting nicely at the bottom of the page.

However, when I view the output on an actual mobile (up-to-date Android, viewing it in Chrome), the footer appears part way down the screen (not at the bottom) and is missing the background color that I see on the desktop version.

Also, I have some h1 text, set to font-size of 2.0em, with a line-height of 1.5em. When I view this on my desktop sized to trigger the mobile media view, the h1 text wraps, but the spacing is a little too much - however, when I view it on a real mobile device, it is as if it is ignoring the line-height, so the different lines of the wrapped text is touching...

Any ideas why I might be experiencing these differences between my "real" and "virtual" mobile devices?

Thanks