Search on a particular Topic

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Search on a particular Topic

Post by Arpita_17 »

Hi All,

Is there a way we can attain a search box that just gives result from that particular topic? I have a Release Notes topic and wanted to create a Search that searches only content on Release Notes topic.

Thanks a bunch to all who reply :-)
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Search on a particular Topic

Post by Nita Beck »

Sorry in advance for a very brief response.

You can use a search filter to achieve what you’re after. You’ll need to set up a search filter set and to add concepts to the Release Notes topics.

Start here in the Flare documentation: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... r-Sets.htm.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Post by Arpita_17 »

Hi Nita,

Thanks for this. However, what it really did was create a filter in the existing search that allows the user to search that "concept". What I was really after is create a Search within a topic and the search results are only from within that particular topic and not the whole help.

Btw, I learnt something brilliant by adding a search filter to the current search. Thanks a bunch :D
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devans »

You can just press Ctrl + F within any page and the browser does the search within that page.
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Post by Arpita_17 »

That's clever :idea: ; however, I have been asked specifically to include a search in that particular topic.
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devans »

Sorry, can't help you there!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

None of the search options in Flare will do this, and I can't remember seeing any searches that give you multiple results from a single page.

Instead, maybe have a look at writing our own filter - there are simple jQuery examples here to filter lists, tables, etc.
https://www.w3schools.com/jquery/jquery_filters.asp
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Post by Arpita_17 »

Thanks Dave. I haven't this before but this link that you sent is definitely a good start. Thanks :)