Rogue Column Width in Table

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Rogue Column Width in Table

Post by ktbCA57 »

(Using Flare 2019)

I have a table style that I've used throughout my HTML5 online help. I have to set the overall width to be quite narrow because of the way our UI designer created the topic layout. So.. my width can only be 85%. For the most part, I've not had any problems with column widths. I used to have the widths set in the column styles within the table stylesheet, but i found that wasn't really working well. The columns seemed to be adjusting themselves fine.

However, in one particular table - in a single topic, this is not the case. I have one column that is generally narrower than the other - it's content is for the "Field name". The other column is the "Field Definition" - which is usually much wider. However, in this table, the reverse is true. I've double checked to make sure that the correct column styles are applied to the each column. I'm even unable to reduce the width of the column by dragging it.

There are no images or merged cells. It does not seem to be browser-specific.

I can't figure out what i'm missing that's causing this one column to expand beyond what it does in other tables using this same style. I will attached an example of the published output.

Can anyone offer a solution? Please?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Rogue Column Width in Table

Post by Nita Beck »

Hard to tell from looking at output. Could you show us the starting bits of code for both tables? Show us from the opening <table> tag through where the columns are defined.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

WOOHOO... This request caused me to take one last look at the code... i had looked at it so many times yesterday, it was a blur... but i found a column width pixel setting written in the code that was not showing up in the xml editor... THANKS! IT WORKS NOW! TYTYTY! :oops:
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Glad my nudge helped you solve the problem yourself. :)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER! lol... THANKS AGAIN!