Error message questions

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
TechWriter85
Propeller Head

Error message questions

Post by TechWriter85 »

I have two related questions, one really simple:

1. Where can I find the error messages for my build? They've disappeared from the Messages pane. Is there a log file somewhere?

2. I recall that the messages told me that a table.css is missing, or the link to it is broken. The message did not tell me which of my dozen files is throwing this error. How can I identify the file that contains the problem?

Thanks.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Error message questions

Post by NorthEast »

1. Do you mean the "Messages" pane, or did you mean the "Builds" pane?
- Build logs can be viewed from the Builds pane (https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... d-Logs.htm). But if you've cleared those or the list is blank, you can open the last log by opening the target and click Open Build Log.
- The Messages pane shows general errors using Flare, but not related to your builds. You can't view a log of these messages.

2. Depends where you saw the error and exactly what it said. You can use Analytics > Summary to find broken links.
TechWriter85
Propeller Head

Re: Error message questions

Post by TechWriter85 »

Thank you, this is very helpful.

The Build Log, (which I really should have been able to spot for myself! blushes) in several places on the Warnings tab says:

Missing linked stylesheet file:// [path]

but the stylesheet is right where it's supposed to be, in the very directory specified in the path. If I click the entry in the Warnings table, it doesn't jump to the source of the message. How do I troubleshoot this? Do I page through my document manually looking for funny-looking tables? There has to be a better way.