Back to Top in Side Navigation and Top Navigation

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Back to Top in Side Navigation and Top Navigation

Post by Arpita_17 »

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed in multiple topics earlier, but I was looking for precise steps to attain Back to Top link both in side navigation and top navigation projects. I have an image (of the button) that I wanted to use for both.

I haven't used or inserted a script before so just need the exact steps to attain it...thanks so much for your help
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Back to Top in Side Navigation and Top Navigation

Post by Nita Beck »

I don't think you'll find exact steps, as what you're after is a customization. If anyone offers their solution, be aware that you might need to adapt it.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
chrisj
Propeller Head

Post by chrisj »

The good news is that you can just take from this tutorial for the actual creation of the css and script.

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_j ... to_top.asp

To get it to work, just copy the script and create a .js file. Reference the file in your master page. Copy and past the css into your stylesheet, and put the button HTML into your master page as well.

I just tested this, and it works. Obviously you can change the css for colors and all of that.
Chris Jones
Product Content Manager - TEAM Software
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Chris - that'll work for top nav, but not side nav.

For top nav you need to check for scrolling on the body tag, but with side nav you need to use div.body-container (not body).

There's a discussion and working solutions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28915