Distinct Search Filter Sets for Each Book of TOC?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Amy Schroeder
Jr. Propeller Head

Distinct Search Filter Sets for Each Book of TOC?

Post by Amy Schroeder »

I have a User Help Site that covers several products. Let's say 8 products for the sake of example. I would like each product to have its own set of search filters. I know I can create search filters in the project such that you can filter your search by each product (and I did that). On the User Help Site Main page, you can filter by product. But I need that to go one step further. I want the user to be able to go to a Product's main page, and then in the search bar there, be able to see a set of search filters unique to that product. And, importantly, I do not want the search filter sets that are unique to each product to be seen on the User Help Site Main page one level above. (The reason for this is that each of our say 8 products has at least 4, sometimes 20 models. I need the user to be able to filter by model, but I cannot have a filter dropdown that is 100+ items long).

I thought I could do this with separate searchbar skins, but that wasn't an option. Here is where I wish I had a much stronger understanding of web admin and publishing. I unfortunately do not have anyone in web admin here who can advise me. I wonder - if I make a separate project for each product, then when I upload each project to our website, would the search function as desired? Or, since I'm uploading all the projects to the same website, would the search get somehow combined?

Any other ideas for accomplishing my ultimate objective would be happily considered. Thanks in advance for any help!
Michelle_Gardner
Propeller Head

Re: Distinct Search Filter Sets for Each Book of TOC?

Post by Michelle_Gardner »

Hi Amy. I don't see any responses here; did you get any further with a solution? I've got a similar situation with jurisdiction-specific information.
Michelle_Gardner
Propeller Head

Re: Distinct Search Filter Sets for Each Book of TOC?

Post by Michelle_Gardner »

Amy, further research on my end lead me to this article. Would it be helpful to you?
https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/201 ... e-project/