Chapter numbering in a page layout frame

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
bgraham61
Jr. Propeller Head

Chapter numbering in a page layout frame

Post by bgraham61 »

I would like to know how you can edit the chapter caption in the page layout Body1 frame in Chapters8_5X11.flpgl. The chapter caption appears vertically aligned in the PDF output. It's driving me crazy that I can't find how to edit this caption if it were necessary.
bgraham61
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Chapter numbering in a page layout frame

Post by bgraham61 »

I've begun to figure out most of what I needed to do. In fact, most of what I needed to do was in the cascading style sheet (MainStyle.css). Under @media print, I found that h1 referenced two things I needed to change. One was mc-auto-number-format: 'CH:CHAPTER {chapnum} '. All I needed to do in that case was change CHAPTER to Chapter. The other was a reference to another CSS class called ChapAutoNum. I found that and changed the font color to white. We are going to use a solid background color for pages. This color is a dark blue-green (#015B7E). The other thing I found is that if you change the case for the chapter-level autonumbering, it will also shift related frames on the page layout. Consequently, you either have to change the font size, the frame size or both.

If you want to change or add anything with autonumbering, you have to identify the right classes auto-numbering format in the CSS element. In a few cases, you may also have to get down to the proxies and snippets. The answer is knowing where things are in the factory template, and then altering them from there. Also, you may have to create additional classes in the CSS if you want add content, for example, to the front page of the chapter. In one case, I had to develop a CSS class for a paragraph to include a chapter summary. With the same page background of #015B7E, the text had to be white.

Finally, the placement of content in the source html file also makes a difference. If you want elements to appear on the first page of the chapter, you'll have to place them there. Placement in the HTML structure will be a factor in determining where content appears, even though page layout assigned also determines where the elements will appear.