Is it possible to associate topics with page layout bodies

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Fiztban
Jr. Propeller Head

Is it possible to associate topics with page layout bodies

Post by Fiztban »

Hi there, I am wondering if there is a way to associate specific topics (or parts of a same topic) with one or more body frames on .flpgl layour pages.

The reason I ask is because when making a recent title page it has some content I want at the top and other content at the bottom. To achieve this I have had to place the body frames with the correct flow between them and then resize them until they cut off the content from the same topic (associated with the F page in the TOC). It feels a bit like a trial an error process, it would be so much more desirable if I could have a way of directly associating the content.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Is it possible to associate topics with page layout bodi

Post by devjoe »

You can use page layout breaks in the TOC to switch from one page layout to another for particular topics.
However, if you put more than one body frame on a page in a page layout, I'm pretty sure that Flare just fills one and then the other. I don't think there's a way to put multiple body frames on a page and force Flare to fill one frame with one topic and another frame with another.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Fiztban wrote:Hi there, I am wondering if there is a way to associate specific topics (or parts of a same topic) with one or more body frames on .flpgl layour pages.

The reason I ask is because when making a recent title page it has some content I want at the top and other content at the bottom. To achieve this I have had to place the body frames with the correct flow between them and then resize them until they cut off the content from the same topic (associated with the F page in the TOC). It feels a bit like a trial an error process, it would be so much more desirable if I could have a way of directly associating the content.
Given that the content is in the same topic, you can set a frame-break-before on the bit of content that you want to start in the second body frame. This would be better than resizing the body frames, particularly if your content will be translated. You might have gotten your original language content to be in the correct body frames by way of this resizing, but what happens when translated content takes up less space or more space that the original language takes?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Fiztban
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Fiztban »

Nita Beck wrote:Given that the content is in the same topic, you can set a frame-break-before on the bit of content that you want to start in the second body frame. This would be better than resizing the body frames, particularly if your content will be translated. You might have gotten your original language content to be in the correct body frames by way of this resizing, but what happens when translated content takes up less space or more space that the original language takes?
Thank you @devjoe and @Nita Beck for your help, this was exactly what I was hoping for, just using style="frame-break-after: always;" for these one-off elements was perfect. I have an additional question that you may be able to help with in terms of how to control the display of such content. I would like to align some content so that it displays from the bottom up of a frame. However, it is my understanding that body frames cannot have any text alignment settings set for them (horizontal or vertical). Is there a way to do this by some other work around? Maybe by using a decoration snippet or footer into which a snippet can be inserted?

Thank you again.